This web page comprises all the essential details about PAN Aadhaar Link Status Check, including the online process, the last date to apply, benefits and more. So, if you haven’t linked your Aadhar card with the PAN Card, you must drag down the entire article.
PAN Aadhaar Link Status Check
As per the official circular released by the Income Tax Department, under section 139AA of the Income-tax Act, individuals having been assigned a PAN before 1 July 2017 should link their Aadhar number with the PAN Card number. Those failing to meet the requirement will render their PAN Card inoperative. Hence, for every individual, it is a must to link their Aadhar Card and PAN number.
Those who already applied online to link the two identity cards can also check the status of their linking on the authorized portal after 1 or 2 days of their application filling. If you have applied recently to link your Aadhar card and PAN Card, then you must wait for at least two days as the authorities will take this time to verify the application.
incometax.gov.in is the official website where you can check the status of your linking. To do so, you must initiate some simple steps, and the PAN Aadhaar Link Status will be displayed in options like Approved, Disapproved, Under Processing and more.
PAN Aadhaar Link Status
|PAN Aadhaar Link Status
|Income Tax Department
|PAN Aadhaar Link Last Date
|30th June 2023
|Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Mobile Number
|PAN Aadhaar Link Status Check
|Ease in paying Tax and doing monetary transactions with bank
How to Check PAN Aadhaar Link Status?
- First, you must open the official portal of the IT department in India, incometax.gov.in.
- Select the Home button and further tap on the PAN Aadhar Status Link.
- You must now fill in your Aadhar and Mobile numbers and press the “Submit” button.
- You will receive an OTP on the contact number you have entered before.
- Enter the OTP number in the blank space provided for it.
- Finally, check your linking status on the next web page.
How to Apply Online for PAN Aadhaar Link?
Individuals who apply online to link their Aadhaar number with their PAN Card number should follow the given instructions on the authorized portal of the Income Tax Department.
- Navigate to the IT department-certified portal and select the home button.
- You will find the Aadhar PAN Link on the follow-up page. Click on it to proceed further.
- Provide your Aadhaar Card and PAN Card numbers.
- Submit your request.
- Enter the mobile number.
- Further, enter the OTP sent to you on your mobile number.
- As the last date for linking is gone, pay the penalty fees of Rs 1000.
- Use any online banking way to pay the amount.
- Finally, your application process for linking both identity cards is successfully done.
PAN Aadhaar Link Last Date
The deadline date to link your Adhar card with your PAN Card was June 30, 2023. The last date has been already enlarged from March 31, 2023, to June 30, 2023. For those who have still not yet linked their Aadhar Card and PAN cards, their identity cards are inoperative from this date.
Although the last date to link the identity cards is gone for the individuals, there is still an opportunity to link their Aadhar and PAN cards. But to do so now, they must pay a retribution of Rs 1000.
PAN Aadhaar Link Benefits
With the linkage of these two identity cards, verifying individual identity during the financial transaction becomes easier. Ultimately reducing the paperwork and the demand for various documents and making it easy to access financial services. Some of the major benefits of PAN Aadhaar Link include fraud reduction, smooth conduct of income tax filing, better access to government services and more.
If a person does not link the two identity cards, their PAN will become inactive, and they will be responsible for any repercussions listed under the act, according to rule 114AAA of the Income-tax Regulations. If you fail to link your PAN card with your Aadhaar card, you will lose the ability to pay taxes in the future and won’t be allowed to conduct any financial transactions through a bank or with cash.
Lastly, we suggest to our readers who have still not linked their PAN Card with an Aadhaar Card to link them immediately so that you may not be debarred using any of the facilities lent by the Indian government.
PAN Aadhaar Link Status Check Online: Press Here
Homepage: Press Here